Digital marketing, also known as online marketing is a form of internet marketing, utilizes digital technology and channels by our BWPTECH digital marketers to promote products, services, or brands to a target audience. Digital marketing campaigns encompasses various online digital marketing tactic and digital marketer strategies aimed at reaching and engaging ideal customers through social platforms such as websites, search engines, social media, email, mobile apps, and more. Compared to traditional forms of marketing methods, digital marketer techniques allows businesses to connect with their target consumer/internet users in a more targeted and measurable way leveraging the power through cross platforms of the internet and digital technologies.
There are some common codes and abbreviations used in digital marketer planning:
SEO: Search Engine Optimization, PPC: Pay-Per-Click, SEM: Search Engine Marketing, CTR: Click-Through Rate, CRO: Conversion Rate Optimization, ROI: Return on Investment, KPI: Key Performance Indicator, CRM: Customer Relationship Management, UX: User Experience, SMM: Social Media Marketing
Digital Marketing Tactics and Components commonly used:
Here are some key tactics and strategic approach commonly used by digital marketers:
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO): The practice of optimizing websites and content to rank higher in search engine results pages, thereby increasing organic traffic (non-paid) to a website.
- Pay-Per-Click Advertising (PPC): A digital advertising model where advertisers pay a fee each time their ad is clicked. Examples include Google Ads, Bing Ads, and digital advertising platforms.
- Social Media Marketing: Social Media is the way of marketing communications, Promoting products or services on social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and others to increase brand awareness, engage with prospective customers, and drive website traffic.
- Content Marketing Strategy: Creating and distributing valuable and relevant content (such as blog posts, videos, info graphics, eBooks, etc.) to attract and retain a clearly defined audience and ultimately drive potential customers action.
- Email Marketing: Sending targeted emails to prospects and customers to nurture relationships, promote products or services, and drive conversions.
- Influencer Marketing: Collaborating with influential individuals or industry experts who have a large following on social media to promote products or services and reach their audience measurement.
- Affiliate Marketing: Partnering with affiliates digital marketers who earn a commission for driving traffic or sales to your business through their digital marketing efforts on consumer terminal.
- Video Marketing: Creating and sharing videos on digital platform like YouTube, Vimeo, or social media to engage and educate your audience about your brand or offerings.
- Mobile Marketing: Optimizing marketing efforts for mobile devices, including mobile-friendly websites, mobile apps, SMS marketing, and location-based targeting for mobile user.
- Google Analytics and Data-driven Marketing: Utilizing tools and technologies to track and measure the performance of marketing teams and their campaign, gain insights, and make data-driven decisions for better search engine marketing and results.
Importance of online digital marketing:
Digital strategies offers businesses a wide range of opportunities to reach their target audience/ potential customers, build brand awareness, drive website traffic, generate leads, and ultimately increase sales and revenue through digital devices. It allows for targeted and personalized marketing efforts while providing the ability to track and analyze campaign performance for continuous improvement.
Digital marketing strategies and Tactics:
There are a wide range of digital marketing strategies and tactics that businesses can employ to promote their products, services, or brands online. Here are some common types of digital marketing plan:
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO): Optimizing websites and content to improve organic visibility in search engine results pages (SERPs) and drive targeted traffic. This includes keyword research, on-page optimization, link building, and technical SEO.
- Pay-Per-Click Advertising (PPC): Running paid advertising campaigns on search engines (such as Google Ads) or online platforms, where advertisers pay a fee each time their ad is clicked. Examples include search ads, display ads, and remarketing campaigns.
- Social Media Marketing: Utilizing social media strategic approach (such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest) to promote products or services, engage with the audience, build brand awareness, and drive website traffic. This can include organic social media posts as well as paid social media advertising.
- Content Marketing: Creating and sharing valuable and relevant content such as blog posts, articles, videos, infographics, podcasts, and eBooks to attract and engage the target audience, build brand authority, and drive website traffic. Content marketing focuses on providing informative, educational, or entertaining content to the audience.
- Email Marketing: Sending targeted emails to prospects and customers to nurture relationships, deliver personalized offers or content, and encourage conversions. This can include newsletters, promotional emails, drip campaigns, and abandoned cart emails.
- Affiliate Marketing: Partnering with affiliates who promote your products or services and earn a commission for driving traffic or sales to your business. Affiliates can be individuals or other businesses with their own internet marketing plan.
- Influencer Marketing: Collaborating with influencers or industry experts who have a significant online following to promote products or services and reach their audience. Influencers can endorse products through sponsored posts, reviews, or mentions on social media platforms or blogs.
- Video Marketing: Creating and sharing videos on platforms like YouTube, Vimeo, or social media channels to engage your audience about your brand or offerings. Video marketing can include product demos, tutorials, testimonials, or storytelling videos.
- Mobile Marketing: Optimizing marketing efforts for mobile devices, including mobile-friendly websites, mobile apps, SMS marketing, and location-based targeting. This type of marketing takes into consideration the specific behaviors and preferences of mobile users.
- Remarketing/Retargeting: Targeting users who have previously interacted with your website or shown interest in your products or services. This is done through tracking pixels or cookies to deliver personalized ads to these potential customers as they browse other websites or digital platform.
It’s important to note that these types of digital marketing strategy can often work together as part of a comprehensive strategy. Choosing the right mix of tactics depends on factors such as your target consumer, goals, marketing budgets, and current industry practices.
Digital Marketing Agency:
A online marketing agency is a company that specializes in providing a range of internet marketing services and strategies to businesses or organizations through digital communication. These agencies typically have a team of digital technology professionals with expertise in various areas of online marketing. They work closely with clients to develop and execute campaigns, helping them achieve their marketing goals and objectives.
Which type of services provided by internet marketing agencies?
Here are some common services offered by agencies:
- Strategy and Planning: Developing a comprehensive marketing strategy tailored to the client’s business goals and target audience.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO): involves optimizing websites and content in order to enhance organic visibility and improve search engine rankings.
- Pay-Per-Click Advertising (PPC): Creating and managing paid advertising campaigns on platforms like Google Ads, Bing Ads, and social media advertising platforms.
- Social Media Marketing: Managing and optimizing social media presence, creating and sharing content, running ad campaigns, and engaging with the target audience on social media platforms.
- Content Marketing: Developing content strategies, creating high-quality content such as blog posts, articles, videos, info graphics, and eBooks, and distributing them to attract and engage the target audience.
- Email Marketing: Designing and implementing email marketing campaigns, creating email templates, managing subscriber lists, and tracking email performance.
- Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO): Analyzing website performance, identifying areas for improvement, and implementing strategies to increase website conversions.
- Web Design and Development: Creating visually appealing and user-friendly websites optimized for performance and conversions.
- Analytics and Reporting: Using Google Analytics tools to track and measure the performance of marketing technologies campaigns, providing regular reports and insights to clients.
- Online Reputation Management: Monitoring online mentions, reviews, and feedback about the client’s brand, and implementing strategies to maintain a positive online reputation.
Importance of digital marketing agencies:
Marketing agencies provide expertise, current industry practices, industry knowledge, and resources that businesses may not have in-house. By partnering with a digital marketing agency, businesses can benefit from specialized skills, save time and resources, and access the latest digital marketing planning and technologies. As compare to traditional marketing methods, the goal is to help clients maximize their online presence, reach their target audience effectively, and achieve measurable results in terms of increased brand visibility, website traffic, leads, and conversions along with marketing budgets.
Digital marketing jobs:
Marketing jobs encompass a wide range of roles and responsibilities within the field of internet marketing that utilize digital channels and technologies. Here are some common digital marketing job titles and their responsibilities:
The Digital Marketing Manager is responsible for creating and executing digital marketing planning, supervising campaigns, handling finances, and evaluating data to enhance marketing initiatives.
Social Media Manager: The commercial objectives of a social media manager includes developing and implementing social media plans, digital advertising/technological advertising, overseeing social media profiles, interacting with followers through online platforms, and evaluating performance data through social media channels.
SEO Specialist: The core objective of an SEO specialist involves optimizing websites in order to enhance search engine rankings. The process involves conducting keyword research, implementing on-page and off-page optimization techniques, and analyzing website performance.
Content Marketer: A content marketer creates and distributes valuable, relevant, and engaging content across various digital channels. Their core objective may include writing blog posts, advertising blogs, producing videos, overseeing email campaigns, and formulating content strategies.
PPC Specialist: A PPC specialist is responsible for managing online advertising campaigns using platforms such as Google Ads, ads on search engines and social media advertising. Their tasks include optimizing ad performance, conducting keyword research, and analyzing campaign data.
Email Marketing Specialist: The commercial objectives of an email marketing specialist involves designing and implementing email marketing campaigns. They create targeted email lists, develop email content, promotional message, analyze metrics, and optimize campaigns for better results.
Digital Analytics Manager: The core objective of a Digital Analytics Manager include analyzing data through typical approach of digital marketing channels, such as website traffic, social media engagement, and advertising campaigns. Their task involves analyzing data to assess performance, detect patterns, and offer guidance for making informed decisions.
E-commerce Manager: The core objective of an e-commerce manager is to manage and implement online sales strategies and operations. They administer e-commerce sites, enhance item listings, evaluate sales data, and execute plans to boost conversion rates.
Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO) Specialist: A CRO specialist’s core objective is to enhance the conversion rate of websites or landing pages. The team conducts user behavior analysis, A/B testing, and data-driven optimization to improve conversions.
Digital Marketing Analyst: The role of analyst involves the collection and analysis of data from different marketing channels to identify trends and provide suggestions for improving marketing strategies. They utilize tools such as Google Analytics and data visualization software.
These are just a few examples of digital marketer job roles. The field is continuously evolving, and new job titles and responsibilities emerge as technology advances.
There are numerous courses available to help individuals enhance their skills and knowledge in the field. Whether you are a beginner commonly marketers looking to start a career in digital marketing or an experienced professional challenge marketers seeking to upgrade your skills, here are some popular courses you can consider:
Google Digital Garage: This free online platform offers a wide range of courses on digital marketing topics, including search engine optimization (SEO), social media, analytics, and more. It’s a great starting point for beginners.
HubSpot Academy: HubSpot offers a variety of free courses and certifications. Their courses cover topics like inbound marketing, content marketing, email marketing, and social media marketing.
Coursera: Coursera partners with universities and organizations to provide online courses on various topics. They offer courses from reputable institutions such as the University of Illinois and the University of Pennsylvania.
Udemy: Udemy is an online learning marketplace that offers a vast selection of courses. You can find courses on SEO, social media marketing, Google ads on search engines, affiliate marketing, and more. Ensure to read reviews and choose courses from well-rated instructors.
Digital Marketing Institute (DMI): DMI offers a comprehensive range of digital marketing courses and certifications. They cover various display aspects of internet marketing, including SEO, social media, content marketing, digital advertising, and strategy.
Simplilearn: Simplilearn provides a variety of online marketing courses, both self-paced and instructor-led. Their courses cover topics like SEO, PPC, social media marketing, and digital analytics.
Copyblogger’s Certified Content Marketer: If you’re specifically interested in content marketing, Copyblogger offers a certification program that focuses on content strategy, creation, promotion, and optimization.
Facebook Blueprint: Facebook offers free online courses through their Blueprint program. These courses cover topics like Facebook advertising, Instagram marketing, Messenger marketing, and more.
Remember to assess your own learning preferences and goals before choosing a course. Consider factors such as course duration, learning format (self-paced or instructor-led), course content, and reviews to find the best fit for your needs.
Digital marketing is a form of internet marketing relies on various technologies use in digital marketing plan template, execute, and measure marketing strategies. Here are some essential digital marketing technologies commonly used in the current industry practices:
Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Systems: CRM systems help manage customer data and interactions. They enable marketers to track customer behavior, personalize communication, and segment audiences for targeted marketing campaigns. Popular CRM systems include Salesforce, HubSpot CRM, and Zoho CRM.
Content Management Systems (CMS): CMS platforms allow marketers to create, manage, and publish digital content without extensive coding knowledge. They provide tools for website management, blogging, and content creation. Popular CMS platforms include WordPress, Drupal, and Joomla.
Email Marketing Platforms: Email marketing platforms facilitate the creation, sending, and tracking of email campaigns. They often include features like contact management, automation, and analytics. Popular email marketing platforms include Mailchimp, Constant Contact, and HubSpot Email Marketing.
Social Media Management Tools: These tools simplify the management of social media accounts by providing features for content scheduling, monitoring engagement, analyzing performance, and running paid social media campaigns. Examples include Hootsuite, Sprout Social, and Buffer.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Tools: SEO tools help optimize websites for better visibility in search engine results. They provide keyword research, site audit, backlink analysis, and rank tracking capabilities. Popular SEO tools include SEMrush, Moz, Ahrefs, and Google Search Console.
Pay-Per-Click (PPC) Advertising Platforms: PPC advertising platforms like Google Ads and Bing Ads on search engines enable marketers to create and manage online advertising campaigns. They offer keyword targeting, ad creation, bid management, and performance tracking features.
Web Analytics Tools: Web analytics tools help track and measure website performance, visitor behavior, and campaign effectiveness. Google Analytics is the most widely used web analytics platform, providing insights on website traffic, user demographics, conversion rates, and more.
Marketing Automation Platforms: Marketing automation tools allow marketers to automate repetitive tasks, nurture leads, and personalize customer experiences. They often include features like email automation, lead scoring, drip campaigns, and CRM integration. Popular marketing automation platforms include HubSpot, Marketo, and Pardot.
Data Analytics and Visualization Tools: These tools help analyze and visualize marketing data to gain insights and make data-driven decisions. They enable marketers to understand customer behavior, campaign performance, and trends. Examples include Tableau, Google Data Studio, and Microsoft Power BI.
These are just a few examples of the technologies used in digital marketing. The digital marketing landscape is constantly evolving, and new tools and technologies emerge regularly to enhance challenge marketers’ capabilities and effectiveness.
Digital Marketing Certifications
Acquiring certifications in digital marketing can serve as a beneficial method to improve your abilities, display proficiency, and progress in your profession within the industry. These are digital marketing certifications that are widely recognized and may be worth considering.
Google Ads Certifications: Google offers a range of certifications for different positive aspects of Google Ads, including Search Advertising, Display Advertising, Video Advertising, Shopping Advertising, and App Advertising. These certifications demonstrate proficiency in using Google Ads platforms for advertising campaigns.
Google Analytics Individual Qualification (IQ): The Google Analytics IQ certification validates your knowledge and understanding of Google Analytics. The topics covered include data collection, data processing, and reporting. This certification demonstrates your ability to leverage Google Analytics to analyze website traffic and make data-driven marketing decisions.
HubSpot Content Marketing Certification: This certification offered by HubSpot focuses on content marketing strategies, creation, promotion, and analysis. The course covers various topics including buyer personas, content ideation, SEO, and content promotion. This certification validates your expertise in creating effective content marketing strategies.
HubSpot Inbound Marketing Certification: The HubSpot Inbound Marketing certification covers the fundamentals of inbound marketing, including content creation, lead nurturing, conversion optimization, and measurement. It demonstrates your understanding of inbound marketing methodologies and strategies.
Facebook Certified Digital Marketing Associate: This certification offered by Facebook validates your knowledge of Facebook’s advertising platforms, including Facebook Ads Manager and Instagram Ads. It covers topics such as campaign creation, targeting, ad formats, and measurement.
Hootsuite Social Media Marketing Certifications: Hootsuite offers various certifications focused on social media marketing. Their certifications cover topics such as social media strategy, content creation, community management, and social media advertising. These certifications demonstrate your proficiency in managing and leveraging social media for marketing purposes.
Digital Marketing Institute Certifications: The Digital Marketing Institute (DMI) offers a range of certifications covering various positive aspects of digital marketing. Their certifications include Digital Marketing Professional, Social Media Marketing, Search Marketing, and Digital Strategy & Planning. DMI certifications are globally recognized and provide comprehensive knowledge in specific areas of digital marketing.
Content Marketing Institute Online Certifications: The Content Marketing Institute (CMI) provides online certifications in content marketing. Their certifications cover topics like content strategy, content creation, audience targeting, and measurement. These certifications validate your expertise in creating and executing content marketing strategies.
Remember that certifications are not the sole measure of expertise, but they can add credibility to your resume and demonstrate your commitment to continuous learning and professional development in digital marketing. It’s important to choose certifications that align with your interests, digital marketing career goals, and the specific areas of digital marketing you want to specialize in.
Digital display marketing has become increasingly focused on mobile devices due to the widespread usage of smartphones and tablets. Mobile devices offer challenge marketers a unique opportunity to reach and engage with target consumers anytime and anywhere.
The customer journey in digital marketing refers to the various touch points and interactions current customers have with a brand or business online. It includes marketing news, awareness, consideration, purchase, and post-purchase stages through digital advertising. Mobile devices advertising allows businesses to target prospective customers based on target demographic, interests, and browsing behavior, increasing the chances of marketing communications to the right current customers.
Customer service has also evolved in the digital era. Digital communication plays a vital role in online marketing. Search ads on search engines are also a popular form of digital advertising that appear in search engine results pages. Challenge marketers can target keywords relevant to their business and display ads to users searching for related terms.
While traditional forms of marketing like television advertising still have their place, digital marketing offers several advantages. One of the significant benefits of traditional marketing channels is the ability to measure and track campaign performance in real-time. Challenge marketers can analyze data and metrics to gain insights into audience behavior, campaign effectiveness, and return on investment.
Digital marketing has also opened up new opportunities for marketing companies. With the increasing demand for digital marketing services, there is a growing need for professionals with expertise in this field. A digital marketing career offers diverse roles like digital strategist, social media manager, content marketer, SEO specialist, and more.
Overall, the positive aspects of digital marketing include increased reach and accessibility, precise targeting, real-time analytics, improved customer engagement, and the opportunity for businesses to adapt and optimize their marketing strategies based on data-driven insights and target demographic.